Louisa Inch: Managing Director
Louisa is a university qualified, Chartered Environmentalist, with 11 years of environmental consultancy experience. She is also a:
- Chartered Environmentalist (Society of the Environment ) Number 4943
- Member of the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management Number 28888
- Full Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment
- Mentor and sponsor for Institute membership applications
- BSc (Hons) Environmental Pollution Science (Hons) University of Glamorgan 2001
Louisa Inch was invited to sit on the technical panel (consisting of 5 experts) to offer advice on how to “integrate sustainability into the workplace” at Bristol Golf Club in Dec 2010. This was an event sponsored by Lloyds TSB and was attended by over 200 people.
What guidance can she offer?
Expert in achieving compliance with The National Planning and Policy Framework, Planning and Policy Statement 25, The Flood and Water Management Act 2010, Code for Sustainable Homes, BREEAM and TAN 15.
Breakdown of specifics:
- Flood Risk Assessments: Preliminary desktop studies to identify flood zones for the location of development sites; application of the sequential/exception test, calculation of rainfall and run-off rates using FEH. 2D hydraulic flood models, liaisons with Environment Agency.
- Surface Water Drainage Systems –SUDS: site investigations and percolation tests in accordance with CIRIA 156, soakaway sizing, greenfield run-off rates, design of attenuation ponds and tanks, hydraulic modelling of systems for optimisation purposes, calculations using the Modified Rational Method and Micro-Drainage Hydraulic Modelling Software.
- Environmental Management Systems: Completed the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) approved course to assess and complete Environmental Management Systems in accordance and up to the International Standard ISO 14 001
- Foul water investigation: site investigations, tracing of existing drainage networks, reports on the condition of the private system (either septic tank or private treatment plant), budget costs for remedial works, Colour CCTV surveys.
- Foul water drainage design: Hydraulic flow calculations, pipe sizing, pipe design, septic tank/treatment plant specification, site investigations for soakaway sizing in accordance with BS 6297. Liaisons with Environment Agency, Environmental Permits, non mains drainage reports.
- Grey water and rainwater recycling: investigation, design in accordance with BS 6297 and specification of systems and reports.
- Water quality: assessing potential hot spots, removing potentially contaminated surface water from foul/surface water systems; oil interceptors specification in line with PPG 3, pervious pavements, surface water treatment trains in accordance with the SUDS Manual C697.
- Water quality and analysis: Water sampling of groundwaters, surface waters and treated effluent using accredited laboratory. Scientific reports in conjunction with relevant statutory instruments. Water measurement and recording of flow boards.