Premier Tech Water and Environment’s conder SAF packaged sewage treatment plant designed, installed and maintained by Premier Water Solutions 10 Ltd at Poldhu Care Home, Helston, Cornwall.
A change in the Environment Agency regulations on January 1, 2020, meant that the existing drainage system at Poldhu Care Home was no longer compliant to discharge.
Swallowcourt Ltd appointed Premier Water Solutions 10 Ltd to provide a full turnkey solution and to guide them through the minefield of environmental and planning regulations. As part of an on-going drainage remediation works for the care home, the existing septic tank needed to be removed. Premier Water Solutions 10 Ltd collaborated with Premier Tech Water and Environment to supply a new treatment plant and upfront grease trap system for this project.
As part of Premier Water Solutions 10 Ltd services for this project, the following responsibilities were carried out:
• Obtained the new environment agency permit
• Obtained planning permission and discharge conditions to undertake the project as it was defined as major engineering works
• Obtained building regulation approval and received completion certificate under full plans application
• Specified the most suitable equipment for the facility to meet the requirements of the statutory authorities
• Installed and commissioned the waste water treatment plant and grease trap facility
• Removed temporary road access and completely re-landscaped the ground to the front
• Installed 70m of new 110mm drainage pipework and reconfigured the kitchen waste
• Removed all the surface water from the rear of the care home and installed new 150mm drainage pipework and new 100mm electrical ducting
• Provided the electrical and commissioning certificate
• Installed and set up the telemetry system for emergency breakdowns in addition to flashing beacon on kiosk
• Provided the full health and safety file at the final handover meeting including pre-commencement information, construction phase plan, daily inspection sheets, as-built drawings and maintenance schedule
• Quarterly maintenance including quarterly sampling to check compliance with the permit.
Premier Water Solutions 10 Ltd has more than 20 years of experience in the wastewater industry with the skillset to assist from the very beginning at the planning stage right through to complete installations.